iFile is undoubtedly a very popular jailbreak app but with there being no jailbreak for iOS 8 now, the door has closed for downloading iFile and other Cydia apps like it. Luckily, there is another way, albeit an unofficial one. It involves the use of Cydia Impactor and the download of the iFile .ipa file. You will need a valid Apple ID, be it a free one or a fully paid up developer’s ID and a computer running Windows or Mac OS. You will also need an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch running n any version of iOS 8.
Image : iFile iOS 8 Download
How to Download iFile on iOS 8 :
Make sure you follow these steps in order:
- Download the iFile .ipa file
- Download Cydia Impactor [ext link] onto your Windows or Mac computer
- For full instructions on how to side-load apps with Cydia Impactor, click the provided link and follow the instructions carefully
- At this stage, although you have iFile on your iOS 8 device, it will most likely not work. Before it will, you need to do one more step , trust the iFile certificate. To do that, open Settings
- Go to General > Profiles & Device Management
- Find the certificate for iFile and tap it
- Tap the Trust button and then tap Trust again
- When you come out of settings and tap on the iFile icon, it will launch and you can use it
You do need to be aware that you will not get all the iFile access that you would if you installed it on a jailbroken device. Cydia Impactor does not use root access to download iFile and the app will be sandboxed, resulting in a limitation on the files and directories that you can access as well as limiting your write ability to specific folders. That said, you should still install it because you are still getting some features that you can’t get from any app in the iOS app store on a non-jailbroken iOS device.
Other Useful Links :
You can find more information on Cydia Impactor and iFile in the linked articles below:
Do let us know how you get on with side-loading iFile onto your iOS 8 device and what you think of it. We will keep you up to date with all the latest information, news and tutorials if you follow us on Facebook.