If you are struggling without a jailbreak, missing out on some of your favorite tweaks, like iFile, we have some good news for you. More and more these days we are seeing jailbreak tweaks being installed on non-jailbroken devices using a tool called Cydia Impactor and iFile has just become the latest one. With Cydia Impactor, you will need the following :
Image : iFile iOS 7 Download Tutorial
- A valid Apple ID
- iOS device on any version of iOS 7
- Windows or Mac computer
Download iFile on iOS 7 :
Before you can do this, you will need to download a couple of things first:
Once you have both of those on your computer, you can follow the rest of the instructions :
- Click on the given link to find a full guide on how to side-load an app onto your iOS device using Cydia Impactor
- When you have done that, you will probably find that the app won’t launch and this is because you need to manually trust the iFile certificate first. To do this, go into Settings
- Now open General > Profiles & Device Management
- Locate the certificate for iFile and tap on it
- Tap on Trust and then tap Trust again just to confirm what you are doing
- Come out of your Settings app and try launching iFile again , it should work now.
When you download iFile through Cydia on a jailbroken iOS 7 device, you get root access and this gives you full access to a whole range of features. When you side-load it using Cydia Impactor onto a device that is not jailbroken, you are not getting this access and, as such, iFile will be sandboxed. This may limit what files and directories you can access and manage and it will also limit the files that you can write to. However, you are still getting something that you wouldn’t otherwise have on a non-jailbroken device and that is access to at least some of the file system on your iPhone or iPad.
Other Useful Links :
For more information on iFile, check out the following articles:
Are you going to use Cydia Impactor to side-load iFile onto your iOS 7 device ? Tell us if you have any problems and, to make sure you are up to date with all the latest news, follow us on Facebook and subscribe to our free email newsletter.