Now that iOS 11 download [ext link] has been released, it remains to be seen whether or not we get a jailbreak for it. We saw with iOS 10 that Apple had made things very difficult and the only developer to come up with a jailbreak utility was Luca Todesco, providing us with Yalu Jailbreak [ext link]. However, it was a limited jailbreak and not everyone could use it so we can only hope that iOS 11 is better.
Image : iFile App iOS 11
Right now, there is a large percentage of iOS users who are unable to download their favorite tweaks and the one that is being missed the most is iFile. This is a File Manager app that provides us with the access to our file system that Apple won’t allow and it also lets us customize it and manage it how we want to.
There is some good news; even without a jailbreak, you can now Download iFile onto your iOS 11 device and we’re going to show you how.
How to Download iFile iOS 11 :
You can’t go to the iOS app store and get iFile simply because Apple are never going to allow you to download an app that gets you into the file system. That said, it is safe and we are going to show you how to get it on your iOS device using Cydia Impactor. Anyone who has used the last few jailbreaks will be familiar with this tool, designed to help us get unsigned apps onto our devices easily. Because Cydia Impactor digitally signs the apps, you are going to need your Apple ID and you will also need a PC on Windows or a Mac:
- On your computer, download the iFile IPA
- Next, download Cydia Impactor [ext link] onto your computer
- Follow the instructions in the link in Step 2 to side load iFile onto your iOS device using Cydia Impactor
- Once you have completed that, iFile will be on your device but you cannot use it just yet. First, you need to Trust the app certificate so open Settings > General > Profile and Device Management
- Find the iFile certificate and tap on the Trust button; tap Trust again
- Come out of settings and iFile will now work.
For those of you that are used to using the Cydia [ext link] version of iFile, be aware that this version wont supply you with full root access. You will only be able to access certain directories and files but you will at least have more access than Apple allows you.
Let us know what you think of iFile and follow us on Facebook for the latest updates.