iOS 10 is the latest firmware from the Cupertino company and, as they promised, they seem to have made jailbreaking much harder to do. We already heard from Luca Todesco, the well-known Italian hacker, and developer, that we shouldn’t expect too much too soon and, as a result, many users are beginning to miss their favorite tweaks. One of the most popular and one of the most sorely missed is iFile, a File Manager app that allows you to gain access to your iOS device file system, to manage it and customize it how you wanted to.
Image : iFile iOS 10 Download
The good news is, you can still Download iFile onto your iOS 10 device without that all-important jailbreak. Here’s how.
Download iFile on iOS 10 :
This isn’t a straightforward as downloading an app from the app store and you certainly can’t get iFile via the app store , this is one app that Apple would never allow. So, you will need to use Cydia Impactor, a tool that was designed to help side load apps onto iOS devices and to digitally sign the certificates so that you can use these apps. As such, you are going to need to use your Apple ID and a computer running Windows or Mac OS.
- Download the .ipa file for iFile
- Download Cydia Impactor [ext link]
- Follow the instructions set out in the linked guide on Step 2 to side load iFile onto your iOS 10 device with Cydia Impactor
- Now that iFile is on your iOS 10 device you are going to want to use it straight away but you can’t. First you must Trust the certificate otherwise iFile simply won’t run. To do this you need to go into your Settings app
- Now go into General and then tap on Profiles & Device Management
- Here you will find a list of certificates , tap the one for iFile and then tap on Trust
- Tap on Trust again and close down Settings. iFile should now work
Be aware that installing iFile in this way doesn’t give you full root access and that means you will be a little limited in what files and directories you can access. However, you will still have more access than you would have if you didn’t install it so you have nothing to lose.
Follow us on Facebook for more updates and the latest news.